DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

About 2 years a ago I had some palpations very fast but

Hi about 2 years a ago I had some palpations very fast but short lived after I wake up from my sleep I did not get them checked out because 3montha before I got all the test done on my heart like ultrasound ecg 24 montering evertthing was ok but now am worried what if them palpations would have cases a heart attack I’ve just had ecg done yesterday that was normal if I would have had a heart attack 2 yers a ago would that you on ecg that I had yesterday
Assistant: Are you experiencing any shortness of breath or chest pain? Is there a history of heart disease in your family?
Customer: This happened 2years ago
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No

Hello! My name is Dr.Ehtisham. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Yes ECG can pick up for changes to show if there was a heart attack or myocardial infarction

So if you have a normal ECG it is unlikely that you had any heart disease in the past like a heart attack

Please do let me know if you have any other question

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Sorry to stress this matter again I had ecg heart scan 24 heart monitor 3 months befor palpations but when I had the palpations I did not get them checked out until yesterday I had ecg what am trying to say is that if there was heart attack about 2 years ago would the ecg have picked up yesterday and my other concern is when my husband had heart attack he went to ecg within 2 hour but ecg was clear it was blood test that said he had heart attack so can we trust ecg

Yes the ECG would have picked a heart attack if you had one two years ago

Secondly an untreated heart attack would certainly have given complications like heart failure by now

So there is no chance of a heart attack two years ago

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you very much just to confirme ecg yesterday would have picked a heart attack from 2 years sorry I have health anxiety cos my husband had heart attack so am always worried am gone get one so sorrry

Nice to talk to you

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you such a lovely doctor

You are welcome

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hii