DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

About 2 years a ago I had some palpations very fast but

Hi about 2 years a ago I had some palpations very fast but short lived after I wake up from my sleep I did not get them checked out because 3montha before I got all the test done on my heart like ultrasound ecg 24 montering evertthing was ok but now am worried what if them palpations would have cases a heart attack I’ve just had ecg done yesterday that was normal if I would have had a heart attack 2 yers a ago would that you on ecg that I had yesterday
Assistant: Are you experiencing any shortness of breath or chest pain? Is there a history of heart disease in your family?
Customer: This happened 2years ago
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Yes ECG can pick up for changes to show if there was a heart attack or myocardial infarction

So if you have a normal ECG it is unlikely that you had any heart disease in the past like a heart attack

Please do let me know if you have any other question

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry to stress this matter again I had ecg heart scan 24 heart monitor 3 months befor palpations but when I had the palpations I did not get them checked out until yesterday I had ecg what am trying to say is that if there was heart attack about 2 years ago would the ecg have picked up yesterday and my other concern is when my husband had heart attack he went to ecg within 2 hour but ecg was clear it was blood test that said he had heart attack so can we trust ecg

Yes the ECG would have picked a heart attack if you had one two years ago

Secondly an untreated heart attack would certainly have given complications like heart failure by now

So there is no chance of a heart attack two years ago

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you very much just to confirme ecg yesterday would have picked a heart attack from 2 years sorry I have health anxiety cos my husband had heart attack so am always worried am gone get one so sorrry

Nice to talk to you

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you such a lovely doctor

You are welcome

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hii