How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DR. EHTISHAM Your Own Question
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 9935
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DR. EHTISHAM is online now

This is the same question as yesterday but I need a doctor

This answer was rated:

This is the same question as yesterday but I need a doctor not a lawyer. I have just been diagnosed with haemochromatosis. Because of the way it is transmitted my children will be carriers. My sister would have either had it , been a carrier, or would have been free of it. I can't tell her as she died many years ago. What should I tell her children?

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Hemachromatosis is a disorder due to a genetic mutation

If you are concerned about your sister,s children then you should advise them to see the doctor and have some tests

These tests include serum ferritin,transferrin,liver function an HFE gene mutation

That can help in picking whether they have the disease or are they prone to develop it

Please do let me know if you have any other question


Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you. I will think about it.

You are welcome

If done please leave a 5-stars rating to give me credit for my service


DR. EHTISHAM and 5 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you