DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

This is the same question as yesterday but I need a doctor

This is the same question as yesterday but I need a doctor not a lawyer. I have just been diagnosed with haemochromatosis. Because of the way it is transmitted my children will be carriers. My sister would have either had it , been a carrier, or would have been free of it. I can't tell her as she died many years ago. What should I tell her children?

Hello! My name is Dr.Ehtisham. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Hemachromatosis is a disorder due to a genetic mutation

If you are concerned about your sister,s children then you should advise them to see the doctor and have some tests

These tests include serum ferritin,transferrin,liver function an HFE gene mutation

That can help in picking whether they have the disease or are they prone to develop it

Please do let me know if you have any other question

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you. I will think about it.

You are welcome

If done please leave a 5-stars rating to give me credit for my service