Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Last week I sprained my foot fairly severely and today I

Last week I sprained my foot fairly severely and today I feel I may have overused it and am experiencing slight tingling and burning in my foot
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?
Customer: I wouldn't say I've experiencing pain, the tingling usually occurs if I've used my foot too much
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Please wait, I am typing an answer.

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. Resting the area after such injuries should always be the first step that you didn't follow. The current symptoms you have are due to soft tissue trauma and nerve compression. You should avoid putting weight on that ankle and should try to rest it as much as possible. Wear an ankle brace, take over the counter available tablet Aleve 500 mg twice daily for 5 to 7 days and massage the area with bengay gel twice daily for 10 days. lastly, soak your ankle daily for 15 minutes in warm water in a tub with some Epsom salt in it. Soon you are going to be alright. If symptoms persist see your doctor as you may need physical therapy but I reassure you that there is nothing serious and you are going to be alright. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thanks I just wanted to check it was from overuse and not a more serious issue
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I appreciate the response

You are most welcome. No it's not serious. My best wishes and prayers will be following you for good health. Please remember to rate my answer as this is how we get compensated for our time and effort here for you. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards