Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

I’ve been suffering severe mental stress (work related), and

Customer Question

I’ve been suffering severe mental stress (work related), and my 16 year old son is now telling me I have to get advice. I work night shift and I have barely seen my children for the last 6 months. I need a break, from work so I can have time with my kids, and time to myself. I’m not eating properly and many years ago I suffered from depression, and I don’t want to go down that path again. How do I go about getting a Fit Note? I’m not registered to a GP as I moved back to the UK earlier this year and haven’t got round to it, but I need this sorted urgently.
Assistant: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?
Customer: Just family and friends. 3 weeks.
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Just Depression many years ago. And now work related stress.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I just need some advice really.
Expert:  the-good-doctor replied 8 days ago.

Hello. I'm The Good Dr., licensed and practicing physician. Excellent service is my goal.

still need help?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Yes please
Expert:  the-good-doctor replied 7 days ago.

I can't provide this online

I'm not a GP in the UK

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 5 days ago.

I am a moderator for this topic.

Unfortunately, at this time JustAnswer is not able to provide medical cards, prescriptions, or other similar items. There are no plans to introduce this service currently, however please do check back in the future as this may change.

In the meantime, would you like to continue with a specific question to our Experts, or would you like us to cancel your question and offer a refund?