How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 55730
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

I have been with a partner for 9 months now and have never

Customer Question

Hi I have been with a sexual partner for 9 months now and have never experienced any discomfort however last week after having sex with no pain I experienced swelling and soreness of my inner labia, I then had sex a few days later with no problems then last night a week after my last sexual experience I had extreme swelling and discomfort of my vaginal opening and this has now been reoccurring for two days
Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: I've had no recent injuries and the swelling has only happened in the last few weeks
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I am on the contraceptive pill if that is something which may be a factor
Submitted: 4 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 days ago.
This is Dr David, you may be having blockage of vaginal or labial glands causing swelling and irritation.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
What does that mean for me
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 days ago.
How old are you? Are you using lubrications during sex?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I am 16 and do not use lubricants apart from salvia
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 days ago.
I see. You are young. It doesn’t sound like you have had a gym exam so far. You should see a gyn doctor or go to a planned parenthood and get a gym exam and vaginal culture
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
What should I do in the meantime is a blockage what you expect it is ?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Is there anything I can do to help myself?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 days ago.
Yes must likely. You can try a warm towel or warm compress to the area. You should start to take a probiotic daily as well to help add good bacteria into your vaginal canal
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 days ago.
let me know if you have other questions. If done for now please leave positive feedback below. You can always reach me as Dr David. Thank you for using