the-good-doctor
the-good-doctor, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Medical Doctor
55099014

I started having a cold almost three weeks ago which

I started having a cold almost three weeks ago which developed from sneezing into a bad cough and now has subsequently cleared up. I also had a blocked ear for almost three weeks but it is now much improved. However, I often hear a ringing noise from it. I saw the doctor a couple of days ago who inspected my ear and said that everything appeared clear now and there was no longer any blockage. Why am I still receiving a ringing noise from my ear and how long does it take to clear up please?
Paul

Hello. I'm The Good Dr., licensed and practicing physician. Excellent service is my goal.

still need help?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have tried Zyrtec as you suggested previously but there is still ringing in my left ear. Does it normally take some time to clear after my cold has gone and the ear blockage has subsided?
Thsnks

yes it will take some time!

I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Does it gradually improve or will it suddenly disappear? Sorry to bother you about it but it is extremely irritating.

gradual

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Many thanks.