Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

For the past month or so I've had some issues. I went on a

Hi, for the past month or so I've had some issues. I went on a trip and quickly developed discomfort - I was very itchy, and I had really bad discharge! It was white and thick like paste, when it tried it would become all crumbly, I've never experienced that before. I tried treating with canesten, but I'm not sure if it helped much because my period came and the symptoms subsided a bit. And then the last few weeks I've just been getting a lot of weird coloured discharge that dries quite hard and crumbly, it doesn't smell very good either. No itching though. And today I got what I thought was blood, it was quite watery and dark brown in colour. Not sure what's the next best step for me!
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: No pain, and my period is pretty regular. My last period was a bit different, it was very dark and clotty in the beginning, and it lasted a bit longer than usual. But otherwise they're pretty regular.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No
This is Dr David. It sounds like you have a vaginal fungal infection. You need to use monistst 1 or 3 day treatment and take a probiotic daily to help add good bacteria into your vaginal system.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you for your reply! I recently purchased Fluconazole capsules and Balance Activ BV gel. Do you think those will help me? Or should I still try to get a hold of Monistat? Although I don't know if we have Monistat in the UK, I'll try to google for a British equivalent because I've never seen it here
Yes those will help. You should start there, and drink lots of water. let me know if you have other questions. If done for now please leave positive feedback below. You can always reach me as Dr David. Thank you for using JustAnswer.com