How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Arun Phophalia Your Own Question
Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 49293
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Arun Phophalia is online now

I have been having problems with my vagina Assistant: How

This answer was rated:

Hi I have been having problems with my vagina
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: about a week and a half and overall very good my health
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: nothing that comes to mind

What are your symptoms; pain in vagina, discharge?

What is your age?

Since when are your symptoms?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Pain and burning when having sex. 26. And I had itching and burning about 2 weeks ago took thirst medication

Thanks for the additional information.

I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

The phone request goes to the online expert pool and some other experts may phone you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Also the itching got better but still having problems with the soreness

Your symptoms are suggestive of recurrent or chronic yeast/thrush vaginitis.

Some women experience chronic recurrent vulvovaginitis, which often requires long-term or prophylactic oral azole therapy for control. So for that, the recommended regimen is fluconazole 150 mg every other day for 3 doses, followed by weekly fluconazole 150-200 mg for 3-6 months. This regimen abates the symptoms and prevents further recurrence in the majority of women.

Boric acid wash for the vagina can be used in resistant cases, as an alternative measure with the consultation of your physician. A specific culture; Nickerson or Sabouraud mediums should be performed in refractory or recurrent cases of vaginal candidiasis to confirm the infection. So you can talk to your doctor to get this culture before you start the treatment.

Women who do not improve with the above can use, clotrimazole 500 mg vaginal suppositories administered once per week for six months which is also effective.

Also, avoid (if you do) following;

1) panty liners,

2) pantyhose,

3) sexual lubricants.

If you are exposed to unsafe sex, you may consider an STD screening.

Was this information helpful to you?

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Dr. Arun Phophalia and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

I tried to call you but I was not able to connect to you.

Let me know your follow up questions.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am on the phone waiting to be connected at the moment


I am sorry as the phone service goes through the site.

If you are not connected on the phone, you would not be charged and you may get a refund through the customer service.

Meanwhile, we can continue on this platform.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Okay great
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Still on hold at the moment shall I wait?

You may not wait and can cancel it.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Okay I have cancelled


Customer: replied 7 months ago.
thank you for your answer
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
That’s does sound right to me.

You are very welcome.

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can I just ask Quickly Can I get the treatment from this site ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I couldn’t get an appointment with my doctor that’s why I cam on here because I was worried

You cannot get the prescription as it is illegal to give a prescription to the person whom you have not seen previously.

This is a question-answer website and for information and education.

Also, you need further investigations to confirm and substantiate the diagnosis.

You may take Probiotics which will help in your symptoms and are available without the prescription.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Great thank you

You are always welcome.