DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I have red spots on my soft palate and the inside of my

I have red spots on my soft palate and the inside of my mouth is really red. There's no sore throat at all or sore tonsils. I only experiencing a slight burning of my soft palate when I have something to drink or eat or smoke cigarettes. There are some slight white patches on my cheeks inside and on my hard palate. I have recently been on a high dose of antibiotics for an unrelated issue. Could this be thrush caused by the antibiotics because it doesn't feel like a typical sore throat.

Hello! My name is Dr.Ehtisham. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Dear Andrew

Please attach a picture for review

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Below is the picture

Thanks for sharing

It seems like an oral candidiasis

It is likely due to recent use of antibiotic

You need to use some Chlorhexidine mouth wash along with Nystatin drops

Hopefully that will settle the problem

Please do let me know if you have any other question

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you. I'm a little worried because I was on antibiotics and shouldn't really have a saw throat. Is there anything in the picture to suggest that it is bacterial?

No it does not seems like bacterial as in that case you might have fever and sore throat with inflamed throat

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Is my throat not inflamed? It seems really red and raw when I look at it? That is my last question

It seems some whitish spots as well and without any fever it seems more like a yeast infection

If done please leave a 5-stars rating to give me credit for my service