How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask neurosurg Your Own Question
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 23414
Type Your Medical Question Here...
neurosurg is online now

I have fullness an earache and ringing in my ear. What

This answer was rated:

I have fullness an earache and ringing in my ear. What should I do?
Assistant: Are you experiencing any dizziness? Do you have a fever?
Customer: Slight dizziness. No fever
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of

Hello -

Did this start recently?

Have you seen your GP?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My ear has felt full and muffled and has been like that for just under a week. Has now become painful and ringing loudly. I haven’t seen my GP

OK, thanks.

Your symptoms sound like a possible ear infection.

Fluid in the middle ear can cause the muffled sound, and as the pressure builds -- it can cause the ringing in the ear, as well as the pain.

Having your doctor look in your ear can help to make the diagnosis here.

And if an infection is suspected, they would prescribe antibiotics.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

neurosurg and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Do you have any suggestions on how to treat the symptoms at home until I can get to a doctor?

Well, you can take antiinflammatory medications to help with the pain.

But you should really get in to see your GP here.