Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

My husband has MS and is interested in, Sativex which his

My husband has MS and is interested in, Sativex which his neurologist sent a request to the commute to see if they'll approve. Isn't he eligible according to Nice? Can a private beurolgist prescribe CBD oil and can we legally buy it here in UK or abroad? Many thanks, L
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: He refused Naclideb but asked the doctor for Sativex last week. The doctor is sending the request in front of hospital committee
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Naclofen
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
My husband had a relapse 2 years ago and before that 13 years ago as well. Now he is mobile, can walk and does yoga stretches but is keen to try CBD oil therapy or Sativex. How is he to get a prescription for CBD oil for MS?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
His cholesterol is 5,,,iron is a bit up but borderline so is B12,,, up, :borderline but stopped taking supplement B12. He takes high dosage of D3 and mainly eats plantbased diet as he's more flexitarian than vegan.
This is Dr David, https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/society/2019/jun/24/medical-cannabis-firms-press-uk-to-loosen-prescription-rules He needs to see a neurologist. A specialist my prescribe it. But it may be hard to get
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
So does it mean that we can can get a prescription if seen by a private neurologist buy it in letsay Croatia? Can we legally import it as the medicinal CBD oil, does not contain narcotic features?
CBD oil can be purchased online without THC. I am not sure if the laws in Croatia.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_in_Croatia It is legal for medical use if he has MS. He may have to purchase on the street. I am not sure if there are medical dispensaries there
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
However, when it comes to MS, only cannabis products that contain both CBD and THC have been subjected to clinical studies, and only cannabis with a 1:1 ratio of CBD:THC (or greater) has been shown to reduce muscle spasticity and pain in people with MS. I have been talking about the medicinal CBD oil which contain both of the above. Can a private, neurologist prescribe it?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Can we phone you tomorrow?
You can. But you have to accept additional phone consult fees