Caring doc
Caring doc, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist. MBBS,MD
25020506

Is there a fee for this ervice? i am in australia where is

is there a fee for this ervice?
JA: The Expert's answer will cost $10 to $100, depending on the issue type and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: i am in australia where is this site based?
JA: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?
Customer: elevated lymphocyte
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: my full blood count was normal other than my lymphocyte count was 4.5. my vitamin d is also low everything else is normal. i also have a condition called periodontitis
JA: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: good
Hi.Welcome to just answer.I am caring doc.I can help you today .
This lymphocyte count is not high.Many labs take upper range 4.5.So in that case your level is normal.Even if we consider 4000 as normal range,high lymphocyte can be due to any common infection like viral or bacterial.
I would suggest to repeat the test after a month to see the level again. I am sure it will go down by then!
Also as you have periodontitis, its inflammation of gums and it can also increase you lymphocyte counts.
So it is nothing dangerous!
I hope it helps.
Please feel free to ask any questions if you have.
If you are satisfied please CLICK the stars on the top of your screen to rate me.
This is the only way I get compensated.
I appreciate it!
Please don't forget to Rate my response.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you for your response. It has made me feel a little better. I guess my concern was that my GP still wants me to have a flow cytometry test done and I know this test is used to help in diagnosing leukaemia and lymphoma. What would the lymphocyte range be in a person with leukaemia or lymphoma?
It's not about the cell count it is about the other things and symptoms.
The count of 5000 or more can be enough to diagnose the cancers but in majority of the cases the levels are much higher than this.And only one reading is not enough to go for the cancer testing.If you dont have symptoms like fevers,weight loss,night sweats, lymph nodes,body aches and pains,and you have only one high reading,you should repeat the test after a month or so to see of the levels have gone down.
If the levels are persistent high,like of they remain 4500 after couple of months,then you should get hematologist opinion.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I had a repeat blood test done three days ago ( three weeks after the first blood test) and the level actually dropped from 4.5 to 4.1
I think it's safe to say my GP just wants to rule out blood cancer which is why she has ordered a flow cytometry test.
Yes that's what I think.But it's not necessary.Its good to be on safe side though:)
If there is no family history of blood cancers, there are no symptoms, your counts are doing down,you look good to me.But your doctor can best decide!!
I hope it helps!
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you very much you have been great. I will rate you now.