DrVasavada
DrVasavada, Doctor
Experience:  MD(Ped), DCH ; in practice treating adolescent to newborns
16481530

I had a full blood test done 3 weeks ago my lymphocyte

i had a full blood test done 3 weeks ago
my lymphocyte showed a level of 4.5, i repeated the test 3 days ago and it has dropped to 4.1 but my GP still wants me to have a flow cytometry test done. i am a little concerned

Hi, thanks, am reading your query, will be replying in few seconds please. DrVasavada

The absolute counts you mentioned do not matter if the total count is not low, and not falling. Please state your symptoms for which blood test is being ordered.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
no symptoms , my GP simply wants me to have a flow cytometry test done as she said my level is still above the normal range

Flow cytometry is automated count and may mislabel large platelet as lymphocyte. Better is manual test and slide differential count.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
what would the lymphocyte range be for a person who had leukemia or lymphoma?

Total lymphocyte count is immaterial if there are abnormal and nucleated blast cells seen in peripheral smear, a hallmark for leukemias.