Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

For some reason i have sudden erection issues literally

For some reason i have sudden erection issues literally within the last 48hrs

May I know any specific issue which precipitated it?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
None, i am dating someone new but we havent had sex yet. I went out drinking at the weekend. We were texting yesterday talking about sex etc etc but my libido seems non existent. I wouldnt even be able to get an erection for masturbation if i wanted to which is very strange? I dont appear to be injured. I normally have strong erections at night but only had mild ones the last 48hrs...

Thanks for the additional information.

I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

For a healthy individual like you, this should be not worrying. The most important thing is that a single erection problem plays in the mind. This can give in the back of mind performance anxiety. This close scrutiny of yourself can lose concentration from the sex and you may lose libido. Please remember sex is not in the organ but in mind.

So the first step is, not to worry. You would get normalized and recover again without an issue.

The strength is in the mind.

Was this information helpful to you?

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
ok do you recommend i stop trying to engage in sex or masturbation until i feel like my libido is back?

Your comfort or mental level is important. Do what you are comfortable at. If you want to wait, you may wait for a while.

But if you are confident and relaxed, you can engage in sex.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok thank you
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Very odd first time it’s happened

You are very welcome.

It will pass off.

Do not just think about it. More you think, more you would get anxious. In your age, nothing untoward is expected or common.

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Stay blessed.