Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I am not too sure if my baby is having seizures of if this

HI , I am not too sure if my baby is having seizures of if this is normal baby behaviour , she is 5months
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: yes, we seen a doctor and he said to monitor if it happens again , we have used lactulose, I thought it might be intolerance to it, however, it happened again yesterday
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: she had Iv antibiotics one dose for suspected sepsis and was under observation, few weeks ago, but it was viral infection, so sepsis and meningitis was ruled out
This is Dr David, why lactulose? Is the baby constipated? Why are you worried about seizures?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I am trying to add video , she never done this before. Yes she was badly constipated for a month !which then turned to viral, but constipation is coming back on and off
You can’t add video here. You have to upload to YouTube and then post the http link here for me to view the video
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
https://youtu.be/VVJIgVmzCX4 I have added it here
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
do you think is a seizure? it is odd she does this, she remains conscious thought and appears to stop once lifted up for example
Cute baby, no signs of seizures. Apple juice, prune juice can help with constipation
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
thank you, why she does this with her eyes , like something is falling in ?
It is normal for her to move her eyes around like that. Try not to worry about seizure. let me know if you have other questions. If done for now please leave positive feedback below. You can always reach me as Dr David. Thank you for using JustAnswer.com
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
thank you, I never had babies before and they are not very coordinated so young, so sometimes things I do not understand as it looks bizarre . thank you for your help, a lot relief
You are welcome. Thanks for the positive feedback. Thanks for using Justanswer