Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.
3452947

I had a laparoscopic operation 3 weeks ago to remove a IUD

I had a laparoscopic operation 3 weeks ago to remove a IUD that was imbedded in front of my bladder for 9yrs. I now have pus coming out my belly button wound and it’s very smelly and I feel poorly
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Not yet. I was on paracetamol, ibuprofen and dihydrocodiene but not on any now
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no

Are you on any antibiotics?

What antibiotic did you take earlier?

Do you have a fever now?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I was on co-amoxiclav after operation as there was pus present. Not on anything now
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have felt a bit off since yesterday ie weak, off food, feeling sick, diarrhoea

If there is pus coming out of the belly button,you have an infection of the laparoscopic incision.

This can also cause you to feel sick.

Please consult your do for- you will need to be prescribed more antibiotics.

Meanwhile, please take ibuprofen again to decrease the inflammation.

I hope this helps.

Please click on a positive rating (5 stars) to leave feedback .