DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I have pins and needles over my body, worse in my left side

I have pins and needles over my body, worse in my left side partially in my left arm. I am awaiting a neurology referral.
Assistant: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?
Customer: No. Is that a good idea. I have had a bad hip and stuff muscles in my right side for a couple of years since my first baby, could this be linked ?
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have had this pain in my right eye on and off for a couple of years like a pushing sensation. But it's confusing beciase all my symptoms are on different sides of the body. I have had low b12 about 12 months ago and had injections. But I have had bloods done for everything and it's all come back clear this time

Hello! My name is Dr.Ehtisham. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.

How old are you?

Your gender?

Since how long you are experiencing these symptoms?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
29 female. Bad hip and leg pains 5 years. Pins and needles 6 months steadily getting worse. Has been really painful in the cold weather feels like the sensation isn't fully there when it is bad

Have you been examined by the doctor?

Any investigation done?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Yes I have. They did some checks to see if it was carpal tunnel and decided it wasn't. They have done full bloods including lupus and hiv among other things. I am currently on a waiting list for a neurology referral.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
All blood came back normal

Do you have a nerve conduction study or MRI done?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
No but im hoping I will sent for these when I see the specialist. My appointments in January. Im concerned it could point to ms but then the symptoms on different sides of the body make me question that

Thanks for the details

The chances of it to be MS are actually quite low

The reason I am saying that is with MS if it is not treated for 5 years the chances of it being lot more worse

Since you have not developed any complication in last 5 years so MS seems unlikely

It can be a neurpathy specially a small fiber neuropathy but I think a nerve conduction study and an MRI should be done to rule out any significant pathology causing this

Please do let me know if you have any other question

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
That's very helpful thank you. I suppose my hip pain may not be involved at all as this started when I was pregnant.

Yes it might not be linked to the current problem

You are welcome'

If done please leave a 5-stars rating to give me credit for my service