DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

Can a tingling nerve and slight swelling in my right leg be

Can a tingling nerve and slight swelling in my right leg be caused by a hip injury months ago or from fibroids?

Hello! My name is Dr.Ehtisham. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Hip fracture can cause swelling of leg on affected side

Also if there is a pinched nerve in hip area you can have tingling sensations too

Please do let me know if you have any other question

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I hurt my hip flexor muscles whilst doing split squats in the gym about 7 months ago. Although the pain in my groin subsided I was left with pain in my right hip, worse after sitting down and also a couple of months ago my right leg became slightly swollen with tingling sensations in the front and back of my thigh occasionally.

An MRI scan 4 months ago showed no serious damage or a labral tear but the consultant said he thought that fibroids which were found could be pressing on a nerve.

I had an ultrasound today and was told be the person doing it that the fibroids were quite small with the biggest being 6cm in diameter and doesn't think they are the cause. I have seen 2 orthapaedic consultants who say that there is no damage to my hip or surrounding muscles according to the MRI but I have been scheduled to have an arthrogram.

Is it possible that a fracture or pinched nerve may not show up on an MRI scan and are there any other tests that could be done to locate if they were present? My original MRI was of the pelvis. The tingling is on the inside of my inner thigh and sometimes affects the inside of my calf. The sharp pain in the side of my hip is still there also when I sit down and get up.

You should have a nerve conduction study

That can pick up a neuropathy if present causing the symptoms

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks, who would conduct a nerve conduction study? Would that sit under orthapaedics or gynaecology? The reason I ask is so that I know who to request it from, as at the moment I am being told by different doctors/ medics that it could be the hip or it could be the fibroids.

It is done by neurologist or Physical medicine and rehabilitation department

The fibroids are unlikely to be causing this if you don't have anemia

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks, I don't have anaemia at all. I think I will speak to my GP about this. One more question, would an arthrogram MRI show up a pinched nerve?

It can pick but mainly it is for details of joint structures

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok, thank you.