How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask neurosurg Your Own Question
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 23412
Type Your Medical Question Here...
neurosurg is online now

I have a partner who is in severe pain from tooth ache and

This answer was rated:

hi there, i have a partner who is in severe pain from tooth ache and he has taken the maximum amount of pain killers he can have, do you have another other ideas for us to get the pain away?
Assistant: Is the pain consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: consistent
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no

Hello -

Unfortunately, if the pain medication isn't controlling the pain -- he needs to go see a dentist here.

If he is at the maximum amount of pain killers -- there's not much one can do -- except find, and treat the source of the problem here.

Severe pain in a tooth needs to have issues like an abscess ruled out.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
we went to the dentist today and she said that she can only give us painkillers to see if it will go away

The dentist did not know the reason for the pain?

neurosurg and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you