Anthony Osula
Anthony Osula, General Physician
Experience:  MB ChB DRCOG
106915327

I have since I got back home from work not been able to hold

I have since I got back home from work not been able to hold my pee for more than 2-5 minutes and it is painful when I pee. I have had UTI’s a lot in the past but never as this one. Usually going to the toilet relieves the pain for a while before having to go again, but this time I physically can’t hold it it
Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: Since 6pm. It has only gotten worse since and the only thing working is sitting on the toilet which is not ideal in a flatshare
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have had them before but as I said, not as bad as this one feels.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi, I'm Dr Osula Your symptoms indicate you have a urine infection. This sounds like you have a more severe episode than your previous, but the symptoms are typical.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Can I do anything to relieve the pain and the bladder spasm at least until the morning when the doctors open??
Yes you definitely can. You should drink lots of fluids along with cranberry juice
Some ibuprofen would help with pain and sometimes bladder spasma