Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I’m taking metronidazole for a tooth abscess. I’m on a 7 day

I’m taking metronidazole for a tooth abscess. I’m on a 7 day courses. Yesterday I started taking them. I experience some quick dizzy spells yesterday and to day I had one dizzy spell and headache which is a mild pain. I’ve notice my urine has been cloudy tea colour twice to day. Do u think I should talk to my doctor
Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: the headaches come and goes. I have felt a bit sick but not actually been sick
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I’m not allergic to anything that I’m aware of.

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Those are all common side effects of metronidazole and while they aren't dangerous I suggest you contact your doctor so you can be switched to a different antibiotic like Augmentin or Cipro

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you for you response do you think I should go back to the dentist where they prescribe the medicine or go to my doctors

Either one could do this for you but I suggest you see your dentist

Please remember to rate my service to you so I can get credit for my time

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I will rate your service thank you for your time and effort.

My pleasure

I'm here if you ever need me again