Restless legs syndrome (RLS) is a common cause of sleep disruption.
RLS can develop as a result of certain conditions or factors, particularly iron deficiency and peripheral neuropathy. Other causes are folate or magnesium deficiency, amyloidosis, diabetes mellitus, lumbosacral radiculopathy, or vitamin B-12 deficiency. The other causes to consider would be;
2) Nocturnal leg cramps
3) Peripheral Vascular Disease
Following investigations are advised;
1) A complete iron panel including iron levels, ferritin, transferrin saturation, and total iron-binding capacity.
5) thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH),
6) vitamin B-12, and folate.
Following measures would be helpful;
1) Avoidance of caffeine, alcohol, or nicotine (if take them).
2) Exercise before bedtime
a) Pramipexole (Mirapex)
b) Ropinirole hydrochloride (Requip).
Was this information helpful to you?
Please feel free for your follow up questions.
I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.
Thanks for using Just Answer.