Caring doc
Caring doc, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist. MBBS,MD
25020506

Just need some advice on the next step with what to do with

Hi just need some advice on the next step with what to do with my situation really my and my partner been trying to have a baby for a good few months now periods regular etc we tracked ovulation and had regular sex the whole time to do so I’ve had all the symptoms of pregnancy always dizzy had spotting always have headaches blotting etc but I have now missed two periods and am getting negative pregnancy tests still soo am wondering if should be visiting my doctor for bloods or scan as either pregnant or something could be wrong inside
Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: Have belly aches hear and there and always within a few days when they should be since I came off the pill 14 months ago
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I got pregnant about a year ago had no idea had negative tests till up to 14 weeks but on 13 weeks went to a festival and it caused a miscarriage soo wondering if my hcg levels may be low till later on in pregnancy’s to
Hi.Welcome to just answer.I am caring doc.I can help you today.
Can you tell me when was your last menstrual period?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Was the 8th of October lasted 4 days
Ok.you never missed your periods before??any stress or weight changes?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Missed one before like 7 months ago but came on after a week of being late
And how long have you been trying for.?do you have sex in your fertile window?do you ovulate at all?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Been trying about 7 months we track ovulation with ovulation tests have regular sex throughout the month and everyday of the fertile window try to twice a day
Ok.yes in that case you should get an appointment and have testing done.
There are many causes and its important to see if every thing is normal like your hormones, thyroid levels, anatomy etc.Also your husband's semen analysis will be important!
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Yeah am worried because of the first time was pregnant didn’t show up till 14 weeks along the lost it is it possible that my hcg levels just don’t rise quick enough
Hcg levels are important once you get pregnant. But the problem in your case is you are not getting pregnant.So in that case its important to get complete evaluation like.
Ovulation tests
Hormonal tests
Imaging
Hystreosalpingography
Semen analysis
Once you get pregnant, your hcg levels tell if your pregnancy is progressing normally!
So yes you need evaluation!
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
So good chance I’m not pregnant just something not right inside atm
Yes...because this is enough time for the hcg levels to be picked in urine.Urine tests are accurate at this time.
You can ask for quantitative blood test if you are in doubt...it can pick even traces of hcg!
I hope it helps!
Please feel free to ask any questions if you have.
If you are satisfied please CLICK the stars on the top of your screen to rate me.
This is the only way I get compensated.
I appreciate it!
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Yeah thank you just concerned to what the possible problems there could be tho
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Because have had sharp belly pains today to
The pains can be related to your gut.Also possible ovarian cysts as polycystic ovaries can be the reason for difficulty getting pregnant.!
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
They are only on one side
Yes the gut pains like Diverticulitis, or ovarian pains are usually on one side!
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I’ve had a cyst on my ovaries before once would that cause the missing periods to then
Yes it can...that's why I asked you to get an evaluation for possible ovarian cysts!
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Okay thanks
You are welcome.
Please don't forget to Rate my answer.