Caring doc
Caring doc, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist. MBBS,MD
25020506

My wife was pregnant with triplet.one of triplet water was

My wife was pregnant with triplet.one of triplet water was broken at 15 week 3 days.The baby died 10 days later and came out.But the other two triplet are still in my wife Tommy and scanned yesterday revealed they are ok.They have different placenta.they confirmed yesterday her cervix is closed. The other two babies are 18 week now. How far can this pregnancy continue ? Any chance
Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?
Customer: Yes
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No
Hi.Welcome to just answer.I am caring doc.I can help you today.
The multiple pregnancies are considered full term at 34 to 35 weeks and are usually delivered at 32 to 34 weeks.
So the duration of pregnancy depends upon as long as it can go without complications.
The mother and babies are closely monitored for any infection, bleeding or clotting issues. Also there are more chances of eclampsia and hypertension in multiple pregnancies. If there are no complications, and usually with prophylactic antibiotics,bed rest,and
Monitoring, the pregnancy can continue as long as your doctor thinks its safe for both mom and baby.
Delivery is usually considered at 32 to 34 weeks if there are no complications.
I hope it helps!
Please feel free to ask any questions if you have.
If you are satisfied please CLICK the stars on the top of your screen to rate me.
This is the only way I get compensated.
I appreciate it!
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
The fact that one of the triplet died and came out and the other two triplet are still in help Tommy the pregnancy can continue?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
The fact that one of the triplet died and came out and the other two triplet are still in her Tommy can the pregnancy continue
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
How long can she take prophylactic antibiotics
Yes because the other two have intact membranes and they are doing good.They are not in any distress,and there is no infection.
Antibiotics can continue for longer periods of time as its important to prevent infection.
Your doctor can best decide depending on the circumstances...but its important as the pregnancy is still very early and they don't want her to go in early labor.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
the placenta of the baby that died 4 days ago is still inside my wife womb with the other two babies .Is there any effect with the placenta not coming out yet?
No.placenta is usually retained inside in many cases.It is ok.As long as she is being monitored, she is good.