Dr. Ben
Dr. Ben, Doctor
Experience:  GP Partner, practicing Medicine for 14 years. I have broad experience with special interests in Dermatology, Paediatrics, Sexual Health and Oncology.
105673646

My period is 4 days late. For the past two weeks I have on

Hello. My period is 4 days late. For the past two weeks I have on and off going pain and pressure in my ovaries and in my lower back. At this moment pain is really high.
Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: I am in big pain now. Periods are regular. I did 6 pregnancy test. All negative
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I had misscariage last year , pain was similar

Hello, thank you for your question. I’m Dr. Ben and I’m here to assist you today. Please allow me a few moments to review your question and I’ll be right back.

If you receive an invitation for a phone call, please know this is automatically generated by the site and has not come from me. Feel free to ignore it.

May I ask some quick questions to help me give you the best answer today:

- How old are you?

- Any medical problems or previous surgery?

- Any medications?

- Are you trying to conceive?

- What was the first day of your last menstrual period?

- Are you experiencing any other symptoms such as abnormal bleeding, discharge etc?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I am 32, no medications, no surgerys or medical problems.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No bleeding
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
4th of November was first day of my last period
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I had misscariage last year
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Pain was similar
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
A week and a half after my period was late I started to bleed. Last time pregnancy test was positive though , now it says negative
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
My period is usually never late

If you are trying to conceive/believe there is a chance of pregnancy then miscarriage is certainly a possibility despite the negative urinary pregnancy tests (hormone level may be a bit low to reliably detect at this stage). However, there are other possibilities including an ovarian cyst etc.

It sounds like you are in a considerable amount of pain, so I think it would be perfectly acceptable to attend A&E for further assessment - there they would take some blood samples (including a serum HCG) and perform a thorough examination to clarify the situation.

Does this help?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
thank you

You’re very welcome, all the best.

If you would be kind enough to leave a positive feedback rating it would be greatly appreciated (it is the only way the experts receive any credit for the time spent helping people on this site). Many thanks.