Pulmonary rehabilitation is the mainstay of the treatment. The following are advised;
1) Exercise prescription is targeted at 60% of the maximal workload for about 20-30 minutes, repeated 2-5 times a week. An interval training regimen consisting of 2-3 minutes of high-intensity training (60-80% maximal exercise capacity) alternating with equal periods of rest might be a substitute for patients who cannot tolerate sustained activity.
2) Respiratory muscle training and deep breathing exercises.
3) Psychosocial and behavioral intervention to handle anxiety, depression, difficulties in coping with chronic lung disease.
4) Even passive smoking should be avoided.
5) Supplemental oxygen therapy.
6) Chest physical therapy.
7) Respiratory infections if present, should be promptly treated.
Was this information helpful to you?
Please feel free for your follow up questions.
I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.
Thanks for using Just Answer.