Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have recently started to detox after drinking heavily for

hey
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: i have recently started to detox after drinking heavily for nearly a year and in that year i lost my job moved home and my father died.. i now have raging insomnia and need sleep.. ive started to exercise and drinking water etc but i feel really unwell.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: nothing
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: nothing current

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
What's your question about this please?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
i have recently started to detox after drinking heavily for nearly a year and in that year i lost my job moved home and my father died.. i now have raging insomnia and need sleep.. ive started to exercise and drinking water etc but i feel really unwell.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
please answer via email

Yes--I read that

But what is your question about that?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
how do i stop the insomnia and my lower back pain, kidney pain, intestinal noise as well as my head is very mashed up

When you say detox--did you just stop cold turkey?

And, if so, how long ago was that?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
5 days ago - i haven't slept well, i'm not using anything except water, nurofen and veg & fruit but i feel awful. and no havent slept for nearly 2 days

Well you really should see your doctor about this since a short term prescription for Librium will help a lot

But for now here are my suggestions--

Melatonin, vitamin B complex, ginger, chamomile tea and coffee, lots of juices, and rest

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
thanks will do.

My pleasure

I'm here if you ever need me again