Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have just moved house and have not yet managed to register

Hi I have just moved house and have not yet managed to register with my new practice. I have over last two days been having episodes when I have a flutter like pain in my upper chest, below my throat along with a slight rushing feeling in my head and then dizziness for a few min followed by a time of shortness of breath. I’m told I can’t get an appointment at my my new practice until the registration is complete. Do I need to go to a and e or can it wait
Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?
Customer: on and off for couple months but never as bad as this. Last 48 hrs more episodes than before and worse. My family history for heart attack and stroke is poor. Father and brother both died before 50. No fever. Just feel cold
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of. I have had quite variable blood pressure

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

It sounds like an issue with carotids or big vessels that supply blood to the brain, the blockage is a possibility. I think it is better if you can go to the ER and get it thoroughly evaluated to be on the safe side.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you I’ll see if I can get to an a and e

My pleasure.

Best wishes.