Dr. Ben
Dr. Ben, Doctor
Experience:  GP Partner, practicing Medicine for 14 years. I have broad experience with special interests in Dermatology, Paediatrics, Sexual Health and Oncology.
105673646

I am 86 years old and have had slight vaginal bLeeding for

Customer Question

I am 86 years old and have had slight vaginal bLeeding for week, I spent a NIGHT IN HOSPITAL AND HAVE ANOTHER APPOINTMENT NEXT TUESDAY.iS THS I DANGEROUS.
JA: When was the last time you had your levels checked? Have you noticed any weight loss or weight gain?
Customer: SMALL WWIGHT LOSS
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: NO
Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 7 months ago.

Hello, thank you for your question. I’m Dr. Ben and I’m here to assist you today. Please allow me a few moments to review your question and I’ll be right back.

Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 7 months ago.

If you receive an invitation for a phone call, please know this is automatically generated by the site and has not come from me. Feel free to ignore it.

Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 7 months ago.

There is usually a harmless explanation for this (local irritation, dryness etc.) however post-menopausal vaginal bleeding always merits further investigation to ensure that the womb lining (endometrium) is healthy.

I advise you to attend your GP at your earliest convenience and they will arrange for a the appropriate investigation (hysteroscopy) to be carried out at the hospital.

Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 7 months ago.

Is there anything else you would like to ask me?

Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 7 months ago.

Just a courtesy follow up as I have not heard back from you.

Does this answer your question?