the-good-doctor
the-good-doctor, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Medical Doctor
55099014

May I please speak to an orthodontist who might have some

Customer Question

Hi May I please speak to an orthodontist who might have some understanding about wisdom tooth and clear aligners? I’m going to start a treatment with clear aligner soon but feel like a second opinion from a professional. Thanks for helping.
Expert:  the-good-doctor replied 11 days ago.

Hello. I'm The Good Dr., licensed and practicing physician. Excellent service is my goal.

how can I help?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi! As I suggested above I am hoping to start the treatment for clear aligner to straighten my teeth, and the clear aligner company was very heavy on advertising recently so I thought of giving it a go. May I ask a little about what would orthodontist says about these privately companies if they are reliable compare to traditional teeth straightening? I might refer the company I join as “smile xx club” they do have heavy advertising in London for quite awhile
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
And my wisdom tooth sadly all 4 of them are all coming out together, they told me this would not affect the treatment but they appear to be a business and nurses appear a little like marketing sales so I’m still having doubt

They are actually very very reliable and good

I support them

I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Really...?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
If you don’t mind I might show you a picture of my 3D teeth scan and show you a bit of reason that I have my doubt? I was thinking would it be the case that I have to speak to specifically an orthodontist in dental practice?

yes I can take a look

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thanks and sorry the pictures might be a bit unpleasant
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
As you can see the front bit of my teeth are leaning forward and I’m hoping to push it back but my doubt would be, that my teethes are in fact really big, they crowded and pushed each other together to an absolutely zero space between all my teeth.
I was having the doubt that wouldn’t a teeth extraction be necessary to create space for my front teeth to be pushed back?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
As they did not mentioned to me extraction is needed before the aligner
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
And through the scan I found out shockingly that the back of my molar teeth turned black, and the circle suggested the part where my wisdom tooth is coming out this gets me really worried about the reason it turned black
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The below drawing shows the way my wisdom teeth comes out this also concerned for any treatment is needed before using clear aligner but they didn’t appear to tell me anything else has to be done before. I am a bit worried that because of commercial reason they didn’t tell me the best way to proceed for this case
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
As I do not wish after the treatment although my teethes are straightened but the circumference of me teeth becomes wider and potentially result in my face becoming bigger

yes, that would be the limitation is if you need an extraction first

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ya but they haven’t suggested anything about that instead just proceed to building the aligner for me already..?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Still have doubts and feelings a little not perfectly professional so actually hope to ask professional in the field to get hold on some reliable advice...

You need a visit in person to be sure about this

a second opinion even if needed

Expert:  the-good-doctor replied 9 days ago.

Thanks for this question
I strive for 5 star service for all customers.

If you have more questions, just reply. :)