Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

I have now, including tonight, had approximately 12

Hi, I have now, including tonight, had approximately 12 instances of severe abdominal pain with nausea , followed by sickness of copious amounts of bile,followed by diarrhoea. This usually lasts the whole night. I have read up loads to try and help myself and believe it to be bile ascites or even bile peritonitis, but the consultant refused to accept this saying no lI have peritoneal cancer (or disease) . They have done a biopsy and fluid extraction for pathology and I await the results, but last night I had another attack of bile in the stomach and am worried that it is life threatening and they are just ignoring me. They have checked by bowel, no primary cancer, theye have checked by pelvic area and all is well. Theyare so firmly fixed on it being cancer that they refuse to deal with my attacks of bile reflux. What can I do?
JA: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: Yes, of sorts, I have all the referral letters
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I had my gall bladder out over twenty years ago by keyhole surgery. I have severe bloating of the stomach and have ascites withd hasnot yet bee drained other than a small amount for pathology. I leaked bery badly after the procedure and so lost a lot of the fluid but it has very quickly byilt back up.

What are your age and gender?

Could you please post your ultrasound, CT scan, and ascites reports?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I am 73 years old, female. I do not have access to ct scan etc, all witgh nhs They told me the CT scan showed areas of thickening which they have now taken a biopsy from one area and I await the results but in meantine got verty ill again yesterday from 1400 hours yesterday and am only just over the attack after I sicked up bile about an hour ago.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
ok

I am sorry about your recurrent and persistent symptoms.

Many times medical imaging and blood work may not give the diagnosis. But the biopsy is likely to lead to the problem.

Your symptoms can be due to autoimmune disease.

A course of steroids may help you, meanwhile, the biopsy report comes.

Tuberculosis or other chronic infection is another possibility of the diagnosis.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
ok thank you

You are very welcome.

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Stay blessed.

A positive rating would be highly appreciated for my time.

You are not charged extra for providing a positive rating.

Just Answer is based on the honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.