Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

I am an American traveling in Europe (currently in London)

Hello. I am an American traveling in Europe (currently in London) and I’ve been sick for about the last 9 days and unfortunately am not getting better. I am coughing up/ blowing my nose and have dark yellow/green mucus and am now experiencing significant ear pain in my left ear and I cannot get it to pop I’m quite worried about my flight home tomorrow (Saturday) due to the ear pain. Do you have any recommendations?
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the pain? Does the pain affect your breathing?
Customer: It does not affect my breathing although there is mucus build up in my chest that I will route only cough. The ear pain began about a day ago and progressed through the night. The rest of the sickness, which started with a sore throat and transpired to a very mucus driven cough, began about 9 days ago
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have a history of ear infections as a child and have also had bronchitis a number of times.

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 15 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.

Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi Doctor, thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.

Are you expecting a prescription please?

I want you to know that we do not offer prescription service of any kind, including prescription refills or referrals. While we can't help with prescriptions, we may be able to offer alternative ideas, as well as answer any questions you may have. Please let me know if you want to continue.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I would like to continue, thanks
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Could you advise on what could be done to alleviate my symptoms or if you think a prescription elsewhere is necessary?
Thank you for the detailed information.

I feel that this is acute bacterial rhinosinusitis which is irritating you with post nasal drip also.

My suggestions for you will be -

1. A course of Amoxicillin if you have not used any antibiotic within the past 3 months.
If you have used antibiotic within the past 3 months then the antibiotic of choice will be amoxicillin-clavulanate.

2. Tablet Claritin one tablet once daily for 7 days.

3. Mometasone nasal spray one spray in each nostril twice a day for 2 weeks.

4. Ibuprofen on as and when required basis after food.

With this I think you should be feeling a lot better in 24 to 48 hours please.

Please discuss this with your physician there.

I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.
A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".
If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -
https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800
Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Great - thank you!
May I request for a 5 - star positive rating so that I can get my professional credit please.