Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

I am suffering from aching muscles/tendons that have

Customer Question

I am suffering from aching muscles/tendons that have persisted for 6 weeks. I am having physiotherapy to help with mobility and have had 2 blood tests that indicate only a slight rise in inflammation factors. GP has told me to come back if symptoms worsen. I take Ibuprofen at night to ease the pain and help me sleep. I do not feel that I am moving forward in terms of seeking relief or a cure.
JA: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?
Customer: Blood test = everything...
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I am taking Tamsulosin in order to control the Prostate. I have had a template biopsy 2 years ago and consultant was happy that enlargement was benign. He confirmed that my average PSA level is higher than the national average. I do not feel that this is related to my current condition. I am unable to exercise (run or cycle) for the last 6 weeks either...
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 6 months ago.

The mainstay of the treatment is;

a) Physiotherapy

b) Deep electrotherapy

c) Acupuncture

d) Local analgesic cream

e) Pool therapy/hydrotherapy.

f) Analgesics

g) Lidocaine cream

h) Rest

i) Capsaicin cream.

j) Brace/orthosis

You may consult;

1) Orthopedics

2) Specialist in physical medicine and rehabilitation.

You need inflammatory markers and autoimmune panel again for the evaluation as initial blood work may be negative.

Was this information helpful to you?

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Stay blessed.