Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

My daughter was diagnosed with Hypermobile Spectrum Disorder

Hi my daughter was diagnosed with Hypermobile Spectrum Disorder last September. She also has POTS and Scoliosis. She was diagnosed with Ovarian cysts today. Sometimes when she gets her period they are so bad they cause her to faint, she losses a lot of blood and gets a rapid heart rate. We won't find out for another two weeks exactly what's going on but I'm wondering what would be the next course of action? do you think the doctor would get the cysts removed ASAP? My sister died of cervical cancer at 29. Thanking you for any advice
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: Its my daughter. Yes regular pain and her period is 26 days late
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: She has a form of Ehlers Danlos Syndrome as in HSD
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm also wondering does it have to be a doctor who can refer her for genetic testing?

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 15 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

1. Is she having any intrauterine device?

2. Was hypermobility and Ehler Danlos only a clinical diagnosis till now?

3. Is there any personal or family history of polycystic ovarian syndrome?

4. When was the last time her thyroid status was evaluated?

5. Has her lifestyle changed in any way in terms of exercise or day to day activities?

6. Is she currently on any regular medications?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Dr.Sumanth and thank you for responding
1. No
2.yes
3.Yes & cervical cancer
4.not sure if this was done
5.no
6.yes, lexapro for anxiety and pain management tablets
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My sister had to have her ovaries removed and 3 years later she died from cervical cancer at 29 years.
My daughter has just turned 21 & I’m really worried.
Could you maybe send me a list of things I should say to him when we have the next appointment.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I answered wrong to No 3. No history of POS
I apologise for the late reply as I was stuck in operation theater.Thank you for getting back with the requested necessary information.From her symptom analysis and correlating it with the medical history that I have gathered from you I feel that the possibilities are -1. Polycystic ovarian syndrome.
2. Hormonal imbalance.
3. As she is having hypermobility of the connective tissue, it could be a uterine adnexal torsion also.
4. Hypothyroidism needs to be ruled out.Yes please, genetic testing has to be authorised by explanation with the most probable clinical spectrum of the genes to be looked into.Without knowing the most probable clinical genetic issue, it will be difficult to run genetic analysis in general.I am here to help you if you need further help.I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.
A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".
If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -
https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please?

If I have attended your query to your satisfaction please do remember to rate our interaction with a 5 star rating so that I can get my professional credit.

This is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and effort.

Best regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani