How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Arun Phophalia Your Own Question
Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 49456
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Arun Phophalia is online now

I have been complaining of belatedness, abdominal

Customer Question

I have been complaining of belatedness, abdominal distention, flatus +++ tiredness , altered bowel activity, enlargement of breast, inability to sleep well for many year.s In vestigation for IBS gave proved negative and my GPsays I will just have to live with it. I am 84 and am told it is the process of being which I do not accept. I am very muddles most of the time, get a lot of upper left epigatric pain and fierce wrenching but I am seldom I seldom vomit but feel as if I am going to asphyxiate . People have notice a change i my facial colour if they observe me during and attack. The pain seems to come on a soon as I start my daily activities and remains much to the time. It is cause me to become very depress as I am usually such positive person and do not let people know I feel "off-colour"
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: On and off for a few years now and it comes on when I aim woking he dog, or suddenly when I am doing nothing and even when I am in church
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No, I have a pacemaker for Sokes Adams attack since 2002 and no problems. All gars intestinal investigation have proved negative.
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Do not have n
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 6 months ago.

I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I do not have any supporting documents
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 6 months ago.

You may ask your doctor to consider these investigations;

1) Measurement of urinary 5-HIAA levels.

2) Fasting plasma 5-HIAA.

Carcinoid (which can be benign) may be a possibility.

Positron emission tomography (PET), scintigraphy with metaiodobenzylguanidine (MIBG) and octreotide, radionuclide imaging with somatostatin analogs attached to the radioactive tracer, and technetium-99m bone scanning would also be advised.

Was this information helpful to you?

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 6 months ago.

A positive rating would be highly appreciated for my time.

You are not charged extra for providing a positive rating.

Just Answer is based on the honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Stay blessed.