Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

I need to consult with a paediatric gastrointestinal Dr

Customer Question

Hello I need to consult with a paediatric gastrointestinal Dr regarding a recent test that is positive for my son aged 3 years he’s had bowel issues from birth no investigations but a huge history of symptoms. Discharged early from gastrointestinal Drs and diagnosed as just constipation. Don has positive faecal occult FIT test, H polyri and Ecoli I’m very worried thank you
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Started antibiotics today for H polyri but no one seems interested in the blood in stool
Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: My son has gone off food and irritable
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: My son has had constipation from birth that switched to sever diarrhoea with mucus for a year it then switched back to severe constipation so severe in March 2019 he had a faecal obstruction that needed surgeons to review in hospital. He’s is to be given phosphate enemas every 5 days if bowel not open and put on 8-12 sachets of movical on a care plan but NO investigation ever taken place and now occult blood
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Please may I add my son has Autism and he can not tell anyone his symptoms. His complicated history that started from birth includes he had milk allergies as baby was taken off diary. I had his stool tested in August 2017 time and he had elevated faecalcalprotectin was a reading of 270 however on this stool sample most recently it was decided to test for forms of possible bacteria which showed the Helicobactor Polyri positive and a rare stain of e.coli (enterohemorrhagic) but he is not showing symptoms of it. Only that he was also tested for the newer faecal occult test FIT and it was 72 (high) positive result.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
He is however showing for H polyri symptoms complete lack of interest in food which is unusual for him and tummy pain
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Here is the latest stool test
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Should I push for my son to be seen by the gastrointestinal Drs team again thank you
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
One very last thing I came off the movical 6 weeks ago as was having good movement with a drop of magnesium citrate in his milk could this be anything? A drop a day ? Blood in stool ?
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 14 days ago.

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 15 years of experience in the field of Pediatrics at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.

Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

I am typing some questions please.

1. Did he pass motion or meconium on day one of life?

2. Since how long is he constipated?

3. Does he have any bleeding along with hard stools?

4. How much milk does the kid consume per day?

5. Does the kid eat fruits and vegetables (fibre diet) appropriately?

6. How much water does he consume per day exclusively?

7. Does he pass motion sitting or standing?

8. When he gets motion does he run to one corner and cross his legs?

9. What are the antibiotics he is currently on?

Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 12 days ago.

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

I will be glad to be of assistance to you if you have any further questions in this health regard please.

Kind regards – Dr. Sumanth Amperayani