Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Can I take Azithromycin if I’m pregnant? Assistant: Have you

Customer Question

Hi can I take Azithromycin if I’m pregnant ?
Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?
Customer: yes
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: im pregnant right now but I have chlamydia and I need to treat it
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 14 days ago.

Hello, my name is Dr Uzair and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 14 days ago.

Yes, azithromycin is a category B drug that is safe during pregnancy and is used to treat infections but its better if you see your gynecologist to confirm the diagnosis and treatment. It is recommended not to self medicate during pregnancy.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 13 days ago.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.