Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

I’m currently 9 weeks pregnant and today eapecially I have a

Hi. I’m currently 9 weeks pregnant and today eapecially I have a severe migraine and blind spots. I can barely see anything. This is happening most days and it’s really effecting my every day lifestyle. I’m just wondering if there is anything to help with this
Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: I get a headache daily but every few days I get really bad vision and blind spots I also feel sick along side it but haven’t been sick
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 15 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.

Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

I understand your concern and I am sorry for your symptoms.

This I feel could be Ocular migraine.

Migraine headaches may be preceded by a visual "aura", lasting for 5 to 30 minutes (most commonly around 15 minutes), and then proceeding to the headache. Some people, however, experience the aura but do not have a headache. This visual aura can be very dramatic. Classically, a small blind spot appears in the central vision with a shimmering, zig-zag flicker light inside of it ("scintillating scotoma"). This enlarges, and moves to one side or the other of the vision, over the 5 to 30 minute period. When it is large, this crescent shaped blind spot containing this brightly flashing light can be difficult to ignore, and some people fear that they are having a stroke.

In reality, it is generally a harmless phenomenon (with one exception noted below), although many people subsequently get the migraine headache.

Since migraine originates in the brain, the visual effect typically involves the same side of vision in each eye, although it may seem more prominent in one eye or the other. It is usually mainly perceived as occurring in the eye in which is occupies the temporal (outside) field of vision. The visual phenomenon would also be perceived in the nasal field of vision of the other eye.

Some people get different variations of this phenomenon, with the central vision being involved, or with the visual effect similar to "heat rising off of a car". Some people describe a "kaleidoscope" effect, with pieces of the vision being missing. All of these variations are consistent with ophthalmic migraine. There are many examples of "visual migraine" that have been drawn by patients available on the internet.

Please note that this is different from a condition known as "retinal migraine". A retinal migraine is a spasm of the artery entering the eye and leads to a temporary near-total loss of vision (a black out of the vision). This is different from "visual migraine", which originates from the brain and is perceived bilaterally in the vision.

I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi, thank you for your reply. That explains a lot thank you. However how can I deal with this in the meantime? Is there anything I could be prescribed by a doctor? Thank you
I do not think this will require any treatment but you may require a medical evaluation and an ophthalmological consultation please.

I am extremely sorry to say that as per the website regulations we are not entitled to give out any prescriptions.

May I request for a 5 - star positive rating so that I can get my professional credit please.