Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

I have aq constant pulsing in my left earcan this be

Customer Question

i have aq constant pulsing in my left earcan this be operated on
JA: How long have you been dealing with the ear issue? Have you had any colds or flus recently?
Customer: 2 weeks no colds just started with a ringing now it pulses
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: my doctor was not interested even though i told him that i had not slept for 4 nights due to this pulsing
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 6 months ago.

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 15 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hello... I understand your concern.

I need some more information please.

1. May I know your age please?

2. Did this start after a loud banging noise?

3. Are you experiencing any hearing loss along with this and if so is it the same or progressive?

4. Is there any intolerable ear pain or only ear discharge or fever?

5. Are you a diabetic or hypertensive please?

6. Since how long have you had these symptoms?

7. Is there any dizziness so severe that you need to hold on to something when you feel dizzy?

8. Do positional changes (like turning head/ turning around/ standing from sitting) induce dizziness?

9. Are there any headaches with this?

Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
1752no3yes4no just pulising5diabetic6 qw2weeks7no8no9ino

Hi..by what you say I feel that it could be Tinnitus.

Tinnitus is a perception of sound in proximity to the head in the absence of an external source. It can be perceived as being within one or both ears, within or around the head, or as an outside distant noise. The sound is often a buzzing, ringing, or hissing, although it can also sound like other noises.

Tinnitus can be continuous (a never-ending sound) or occur intermittently. Although both may have a significant impact on the patient, the latter is not usually related to a serious underlying medical problem. The sound may be pulsatile or non-pulsatile. Pulsatile tinnitus raises more concern for underlying significant pathology, though non-pulsatile tinnitus may also be associated with underlying disease.

Somatic sounds may be perceived as tinnitus and originate in structures with proximity to the cochlea. These sounds are often generated in vascular structures but may also be produced by musculoskeletal structures. Somatic sounds are most often associated with pulsatile tinnitus and continuous tonal tinnitus (single pure-tone) is usually not somatic in origin.

There are 2 types of Tinnitus -

1. Vascular / Blood vessel related - this needs to be investigated with Magnetic resonance angiography

2. Auditory system related tinnitus - initial audiometric tests should include a pure-tone audiogram, tympanometry, auditory reflex testing, determination of speech discrimination abilities, and otoacoustic emissions testing. These tests identify asymmetries between the two ears and indicate abnormalities in the middle ear, cochlea, and brainstem; as well, they can define the site of abnormality within the auditory system or confirm normal functioning. Such testing is performed in an audiologist's office, ideally one affiliated with an otolaryngology department or practice.

I am sorry for your symptoms - This is not something which can be operated upon for permanent relief please.

"If you need more help, please reply to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, your 5-star rating (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort) at this time is greatly appreciated".

Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please?

If I have attended your query to your satisfaction please do remember to rate our interaction with a 5 star rating so that I can get my professional credit.

This is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and effort.

Best regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani