Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

Today when I got out of the car my two legs stiffened and

Customer Question

Today when I got out of the car my two legs stiffened and seized until my brother got me a shopping trolley and then I was fine. My leg muscles were very tight and sore down my shins.
The same happened when I came back to the car. It's happening almost every time I go out now. I am not too bad when I am inside.
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 6 days ago.

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 15 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.

Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 6 days ago.

Hello... I understand your concern.

I need some more information please.

1. May I know your age and gender please?

2. How long has this pain been there for?

3. Is it only pain or is there any tingling and numbness too?

4. Is the pain aggravated by movement?

5. Is this occurring only when getting in and out or a compact car like compartment or even while at home while sitting and standing?

6. Has it started after any unaccustomed work or heavy exercise or weight lifting?

7. Are you a hypertensive or diabetic?

8. Is there any redness or swelling or extreme tenderness in the calves?

Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.

Kind regards - Dr Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
i am a 45 year old female
it has been on and off since last summer
sometimes it is very hot when muscles are tight down shins
seems to happens when anxious or nervous about walking
its not as bad at home. Seems to be worse in public
I don't have blood pressure or diabetes
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
my left leg is the tightest, stiffest and sorest but hence it affects my walking
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 6 days ago.
Thank you for getting back with the requested necessary information.

From your symptom analysis and correlating it with the history that I have gathered from you I feel that the possibilities here are -

1. Intermittent muscular spasm due to calcium and vitamin D deficiency.
I am considering this because of the long time issue.

2. Radiculopathy or pinched nerve (which it is called in general population), could be the second problem because you are having symptoms in left leg more than right.
Moreover progression of the symptoms could also be suggestive of this.

Currently I suggest you to start over the counter calcium and vitamin D supplements

Meanwhile at your next regular consultation please discuss the above possibilities with your primary care physician and get yourself appropriately evaluated and managed please.

I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.
A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".
If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -
https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800
Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 2 days ago.

Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please?

If I have attended your query to your satisfaction please do remember to rate our interaction with a 5 star rating so that I can get my professional credit.

This is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and effort.

Best regards - Dr Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Whenever I stand up to walk I find it difficult to get my left heel down first and get pain up my shin
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 2 days ago.
If that is the case we need to definitely consider radiculopathy and MRI spine is indicated here please.
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
I had mri head and neck scan in September
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 2 days ago.
Then it would have included only the cervical region spinal cord and you will require MRI of dorsolumbar spine till the sacrum please.
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
It does not happen all the time
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Anxiety maybe in there too
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 2 days ago.

I agree but if the pain is making it difficult to be in and out of the car - I do not think we can brush it aside as anxiety please.

Anxiety is something to be considered after physical issues are ruled out.

Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 2 day ago.

Best regards - Dr Sumanth Amperayani