Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I had an itchy rash over my arms and legs that is getting

Hi i had an itchy rash over my arms and legs that is getting worse and I don’t know what’s caused it
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?
Customer: Over the last two days just easies when I have a shower and out sudocream in but it’s so itchy and on my legs now and my doctors is busy
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no nothing

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today.

Can you send a picture of the rash here?

What is your age?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi I’m 28 years old

Thank you. I have seen the picture.

Is there a similar rash on the genital area as well?

Does the itching get worse at night?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No nothing on the genital area just on my arms and on my feet and now knees
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It’s worse In the morning

Any other symptoms like sore throat, fever, cough?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No nothing else

Alright, this looks like an allergic rash.

I will suggest that you try to identify what the possible trigger might have been. It is usually something that you use topically, like a lotion, perfume or a clothing item you recently bought.

You should start on an anti-allergic like Zyrtec or Benadryl twice a day.

Apply a topical steroid on the areas that itch the most, like 1 percent hydrocortisone cream twice or thrice a day.

Cold soaks.

You can also use calamine lotion twice a day on your body, neck down for relief and its anti-itching effect.

Protect yourself from the sun.

Do not use cosmetics and soap on the area.

Avoid warm water or a hot bath for now.

Keep your skin moisturized, use vaseline.

If all these measures do not calm down the rash in 48 hours, then see your physician to rule out scabies and other causes of a maculopapular rash.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok thank you it’s on my knees now but no where else so will get camomile lotion. Is it best to be off work as I am a chef and constantly itching my skin

You're welcome.

Yes, in that case, you should be off work until this settles down.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok thank you for your help

I'm glad I could assist.

Best wishes.