Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

My daughter had a fasting c peptide of .31 pmol/l, they said

My daughter had a fasting c peptide of .31 pmol/l
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: they said it was normal
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: young, fit, healthy diet, glucose levels peak after eating small amounts of carbs to 9-11(like a brown bread sandwich)

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

What do you want to ask?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
She is reducing her intake of carbs as whenever she eats any her glucose levels peak, she is worries that she may be developing diabetes
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Please message first

Please wait we will stay in the chat. What about her HbA1c levels?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
they are normal. these problems have only recently started. I noticed that she was drinking more than usual and took her glucose levels they were high at first , even fasting were around 6 but since reducing carb intake they are better
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
she is age 33 with 2 yr old
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
ESR results 13
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
low c-peptide level of 0.31 high ESR of 13, low creatinine 52 & high albumin 51.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
all other tests normal
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
do you have any answers?
Please wait I am typing an answer.

Thanks a lot for your input . I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concerns but later you can ask anything you want. I would like to reassure you that there is nothing wrong with her. Her peptide levels are normal. Low peptide or creatinine doesn't mean anything abnormal. For diabetes, she should get her HbA1c test done. This will tell that how her blood sugar has been in past 3 months. High albumin at this level is also not a problem. Just relax. I am sorry for the delay as it was due to some problem with the notification. My best wishes and prayers will be following you for a good health. Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you. The peptide levels on the lab report said that they were low. Why are her glucose levels peaking at 10-12 when eating carbs. Could she be developing type 1.5 diabetes.

Are these levels of glucose done when she is on empty stomach?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Initially her glucose was around 6 in the morning before eating but now better on a low carb diet, around 4.5. The peaks at 10-12 are about 30 mins after eating
Only fasting glucose is more important. If its below 5.6, it's perfect.
But if its around 6 then HbA1c should be checked.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.

Most welcome