Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

I have a flat red dot in the middle of my forehead, it's

Hi! I have a flat red dot in the middle of my forehead, it's similar to a regular pimple but it's totally flat. It has been there for almost 2 months now, and does not seem to go away. Is it a persistent pimple or can it be something else?
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?
Customer: Almost 2 months now, it does not seem to change at all. I once put a light salicylic acid solution on it and it did seem like to make it lighter, but I could not say for sure.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I don't think so, in my teen years I was taking roaccutan for a couple of months but nothing else.

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 14 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question.

Skin conditions are always best diagnosed and treated after seeing them directly. May I request you to upload some images of the skin lesion, so that I can see and guide you better please.

You may see a phone call request, the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I am sorry for the inconvenience. I would be glad to continue here please.

I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi, thank you for the answer, I'll upload the images in a second.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Here are the images.

Please hold on.

1. Has this appeared recently (are you sure it was not there 2 months back and it is not because of any contact with artificial jewelry or make up ingredients or injury)?

2. Has there been any recent change in color, consistency, surface, margins or diameter?

3. Are these in other Sun exposed areas too?

4. Are you having multiple moles on the body?

5. Is there any family history of Melanoma?

6. Is there any history of exposure to UV radiation, which comes from the sun and from tanning lights and beds?

Did you get my questions please - you may ignore the system generated phone call prompt.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
1. I do not remember having it prior to august
2. No change, at one point it appeared and stayed the same since
3. I did not find others
4. I have one skin colored mole in my armpit but other than that none
5. Not that I know of
6. I have had a sunburn in august prior to the appearing of the red dot
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
To be honest I'm not sure how much time has passed between the sunburn and the appearence of the dot on my forehead but it must have been less than one or two weeks, there are no signs of the sunburn since.
Thank you for getting back with the requested necessary information.From your symptom analysis and correlating it with the history that I have gathered from you I feel that the possibilities are -1. Photo dermatitis.
2. Atopic dermatitis.As it has not changed in shape or size I do not have any immediate evaluation as of now.But if you observe any changes which I have inquired about in my question number 2 then you might require a dermatological consult and further follow up please.Currently I suggest you apply 1% Hydrocortisone cream twice daily for five days and then once daily in the morning for another 5 days and then stop it and see if it is improving.I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.
A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".
If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -
https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your help. I will do the suggested treatment!