Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

Amperayani, My daughter’s (2.9 years old) temperature is

Hi Dr. Amperayani,My daughter’s (2.9 years old) temperature is between 37.1 - 37.4 when she is awake since yesterday. It drops to her usual body temperature which is around 36.6 when she is sleeping. She looked tired yesterday but she is as usual today. I didn’t give her any medicine but I am checking her temperature regularly in case it increases.What do you think?

Thank you for requesting me here.

I am currently reviewing your question and be back with your shortly.

Best regards - Dr Sumanth Amperayani

Hi...by what you say I feel that your kid is going through a viral illness. This might be a common flu.

But usually we need to consider it as fever only if it is more than 100F.

There can be many nonspecific symptoms like - headache, tummy pain, vomiting, diarrhea, body pains, cough (occasionally disturbing).

Unless the kid is having decreased urine output/ rash over the body / altered sensorium or respiratory distress you need not worry about it.

I will explain you how a viral illness behaves so that you can be more confident.

Fever of few days without any localizing signs could as well a viral illness. Usually rather than fever, what is more important is the activity of the child, in between 2 fever episodes on the same day. If the kid is active and playing around when there is no fever, it is probably viral illness and it doesn't require antibiotics at all. Once viral fever comes it will there for 4-7 days. So do not worry about duration if the kid is active.

I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
She had a few pink rashes around her mouth yesterday but they went away. This was also after she ate strawberries.

It should not be a cause of worry as long as she is active please.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Do you think the rashes might be an allergic reaction to the strawberries?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
She had them a lot of times before but didn’t notice any rashes previously.
What I was telling you was; even if there was a rash, if she is otherwise active, you need not be worried about the rash please.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you very much Dr. Amperayani.

Happy to help anytime.