Anthony Osula
Anthony Osula, Doctor
Experience:  MB ChB DRCOG
106915327

I have a couple of questions regarding an intercostal pain

Hi,i have a couple of questions regarding an intercostal pain
Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: For about a month a month and a half.If i stop some exercises it comes back
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Broken ribs but in a different area

Hi I'm Dr Osula, where exactly is your pain?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi it is on the left side of my chest in a precise point between the second and the third rib.When i press tha point with mi fingers it hurts and the pain is also the same on my high back same point - in a way they are connected.It is like a "spade" pain if i can use this kind of term

Ok, this sounds like a common condition called costochondritis, have you heard of this?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i did some research

Have you tried any anti-inflammatories?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No i try to avoid medicines in general

ok, you'll need to try something in this case as sounds like you have inflammation which would not go on its own

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The exersises are helpfull but when i skip them for a couple of days the pain comes back

Try warm compresses, ibuprofen and paracetamol, do this for 5 days and see how you feel afterwards

Try to rest for longer period. maybe skip exercise for 2 weeks

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok thanks a lot

Hope it gets better and thanks for the feedback rating