Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

My grand daughter’s knee has clicked and she cannot move it

My grand daughter’s knee has clicked and she cannot move it because it is too painful. It has happened before and just clicked itself back. This time it has not done so and I do not know how to advise or help her
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: i have not seen swelling. Any movement seems to make it worse
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no she is a healthy 10 year old. She played football this morning

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 15 years of experience in the field of Pediatrics at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.

Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Please do not try to reposition it by force.

It might be a cruciate ligament sprain as it is painful.

Give her Ibuprofen and immobilize the limb in the position of comfort and seek medical attention please.

"If you need more help, please reply to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, your 5-star rating (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort) at this time is greatly appreciated".

Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 12 days ago.

I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease. In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.

Kind regards - Dr Sumanth Amperayani