Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have sharp pain in the left side of my chest when I inhale

Hi I have sharp pain in the left side of my chest when I inhale
Assistant: Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath?
Customer: No ive never had this before. No shortness off breath just pain whenever I breath
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No medical history that I know of no allergies or any heart problems with me as far as I know

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
How long has this been going on?

Any fever or cough?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No fever or cough it's been happening the past 2 3 hours
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
2-3 hours

Then it's not likely bronchitis or pneumonia or a pulmonary embolism

It's called precordial catch syndrome and we aren't sure exactly what causes it but it's probably a brief irritation of the plural lung lining

It's totally harmless and usually stops in a day or two

That said, since I can't examine you, I suggest you have your doctor check it out

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Okay thank you so so much I wasn't sure what it might be so I will definitely check in with my doctor tomorrow thank you so much

My pleasure

I'm here if you ever need me again

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon at the top of this page so I can get credit for my time with you