Caring doc
Caring doc, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist. MBBS,MD
25020506

I have a 4 month old baby that was 3 weeks early I was

I have a 4 month old baby that was 3 weeks early I was induced with her she currently on going with watery poos for 7 days now I took her doctors like I was told to 4 days ago and they did her temp and felt her tummy and said it was soft and sent me home this is still ongoing she having really nasty green smelly poos sometimes a little yellow Iv changed 4 poo nappies today and she will do atleast another one before bed sometimes I’m changing 5-6 poo nappies in a day and I’m confused to why this is happening
Hi.Welcome to just answer.I am caring doc.I can help you today.
There can be many causes of diarrhea in infants and most important are viruses and food allergies.
If you have not introduced any thing new in his diet,this is most probably viral infections.
Depending on the cause, your baby's diarrhea may last upto 14 days.As long as baby is eating good,is active and alert, is peeing good,you should not worry.The diarrhea will settle down.
You should call your pediatrician if your infant has:
Signs of dehydration (a sunken fontanel, few wet diapers, dry eyes when crying, dry mouth, sunken eyes or lethargy).
Blood in the stool.
Fever above 102°.
Or of the diarrhea persists after 2 weeks.
I hope it helps.
Please feel free to ask any questions if you have.
If you are satisfied please CLICK the stars on the top of your screen to rate my answer.
This is the only way I get compensated
I appreciate it.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
She is on neocate and has been since 3 weeks old but Iv noticed the more milk she has the more she is pooing do u think this needs changing
No it's not like that, if she is on a formula for 3 months and she never had a problem before it means the problem is not with formula.its just her gut that is not dealing with it properly due to virus.
Give it one more week. If the diarrhea persists, you can think about changing the formula.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok thanks so much
You are welcome!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi I started bleeding on Friday at half 12 and at 6:45 I lost a big clot I went hospital and found out I was pregnant and they sent me home however the next day I needed back at hospital with sever pain and they did test and it shows my hug levels are 2000 and cane back home I’m waiting for a call tomorrow for a scan but Iv started getting that server pain again like I had last time before I lost the clot and tablets ain’t touching the pain and it takes my breath away and I’m cryin
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Iv gone really cold