Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

On Tuesday I played football and injured my little finger,

Hi, on Tuesday I played football and injured my little finger, it got swollen really quick and I was not able to move it at all and my finger got blue/purple. Thursday night I accidentally banged my finger but it clicked and then the swelling became less and my finger was back to normal colour. Its still a bit swollen, it doesn't hurt as much it just feels like a bruise. What would you suggest I do, and how long should I not play football as a goalkeeper
Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: Since Tuesday but its almost gone
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. As you are able to move your finger normally and the color is normal as well, this means that the problem was just superficial and there was no bone break. I would suggest that you must try over the counter available tablet Advil 400 mg thrice daily for 5 days and massage the finger with Bengay gel twice daily for 7 days. You should avoid playing for 7 days and then if there is no pain, you can resume your football. Don't worry, I reassure you that there is nothing serious and you are going to be alright. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

Have I answered your question? If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It's my goal to deliver excellent services, so please let me know if there is anything more I can do. Thank you for using our site. Regards

Customer: replied 15 days ago.

You are most welcome. My best wishes and prayers will be following you for a good health. Please remember to rate my answer because this is how we get compensated for our time and effort here for you. Regards

Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery