Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have what I believe to be a relatively minor rotator cuff

I have what I believe to be a relatively minor rotator cuff in jury, is there an anti inflaatory drug I can take other than Ibuprfin?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No I don't want to bother the doctor, I have not taken painkillers, except for a couple of paracetamol, when it really hut one night
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have high blood pressure and high colesterol but they are controlled with tablets
JA: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?
Customer: I have been thoroughly checked, I am going to be a living kidney donor for my wife so my general health is tip top.

Hello from JustAnswer. This is Dr. Love.

There are a number of other anti-inflammatory medicines that are manufactured, but only the ibuprofen is available over the counter. Paracetamol can be used in addition to the ibuprofen, but it does not have a direct action to relieve inflammation.

There are some supplements that can be tried, such as omega-3 fish oil or turmeric, but these are not true anti-inflammatory medicines.

It is also true that the application of moist heat also can help to ease inflammation, so can be used to augment the other medicines.

If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

You are very welcome.

If we are done, please provide a positive rating so that I am credited for assisting you.